- crisp sound quality
- secure fit
- decent battery life
- charging case
- gets uncomfortable
The "never-fall" Ascend 1 earbuds by Ascape are a modern pair of truly wireless earbuds great for athletes and music-lovers.
For those unfamiliar with what truly wireless headphones are, they are Bluetooth earbuds that do not have any physical connection (no wires). This is a new concept and many companies have starting to create these types of earbuds. For consumers, true wireless earbuds are getting more popular due to the freedom and flexibility they offer.
After searching high and low for truly wireless earbuds that fit well but also featured premium sound quality, I finally came across the Ascape Ascend 1 earbuds. The overwhelming amount of positive reviews along with the fact that this is designed by an American company definitely led me to purchase these true wireless earbuds.
At first, I was not quite sure about how the Ascend 1's from Ascape would fit in my ears, because although they are advertised with a "never-fall" locking mechanism, I knew from experience that most earbuds claimed to fit well don't fit my ears. However, I have had an excellent experience with the fit and sound quality of these earbuds and would not hesitate to purchase another pair again.
The earbuds come in a nice-looking black box. This is perfect for anyone who is looking for a presentable gift for a loved one because the box is attractive and well-designed. Inside the box, you will receive the true wireless earbuds, the charging case, charging cable, and three different sized ear tips (small, medium, and large). For me, the mediums already preinstalled on the earbuds fit well, but I still tried the other ear tips to optimize my sound quality and seal. Further, the charging case has a design like an alien which gives the product a futuristic feel. The earbuds also feature a modern look compared to other more bulkier true wireless earbuds. Finally, the one-button design makes the earbuds aesthetically pleasing.
The only problem I had with the charging cable was that it was a bit short for my liking. If you plan to charge the earbuds with the case on the floor, this is a suitable size, but it may not reach a table if you don't want to get the case stepped on.
- Excellent, crisp sound quality and volume for such small drivers. These truly wireless earbuds from Ascape are not bass-heavy, but do have a mild punch which will keep you going during your workouts. Although they are not audiophile-level earphones, the sound is rather impressive and can be used for casual listening or active use.
- The earbuds are unobtrusive and discreet. They don't stick out much, but the two bright flashing blue lights do make them a bit more noticeable.
- I wore the Ascend 1 earbuds on an outdoor run along with a treadmill workout, and thanks to the secure twist-to-lock mechanism, they stayed in my ears the whole time. Most of the other truly wireless earbuds I've tried out so far either don't stay in at all for exercise, or only stay in due to an over-ear hook. The Ascend 1 earbuds don't need any hook or wing but still stay in perfectly.
- If you wear the earbuds for a long period of time, they can get a little uncomfortable due to the way they fit in your ear. However, if you are wearing these for 30 minutes to an hour at a time, most likely you won't experience ear pain or discomfort.
- The battery life of the earbuds used together in stereo mode, from my experience, is about 3 to 4 hours of playback time. This is average for most truly wireless earbuds, but the charging case provides four additional charges so you won't have to worry about running out of battery while on-the-go.
|Product||Ascend 1 Truly Wireless Earbuds|